Tina is an In-Network Provider with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- First Choice Health
- Triwest Healthcare Alliance
Please note, reimbursement is not guaranteed as all insurance companies vary for coverage of Medical Nutrition Therapy.
It is the patient’s responsibility to verify insurance benefits prior to the initial consultation.
Per insurance & financial policy, a credit card will be kept on file in the event that insurance does not cover the nutrition consultations, there is a copay or deductible to be met.
It is recommended that you contact your insurance company before the visit to verify insurance benefits for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT).
Make sure to document the date, name of the representative you spoke with, and the call reference number.
- Do you have a benefit for MNT using CPT codes (procedure codes) 97802 and 97803?
- Do you have a benefit for Telehealth?
- Is a physician referral is required?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits you are allowed?
- Is there a copay or deductible to be met?
Billing insurance: the claim will be submitted at the contracted rate.
- All fees will be paid up front at beginning of the appointment.
- Cash, check, credit card, and HSA cards are accepted.
- We kindly request at least 24-hour notice of cancellation.
For missed appointments or appointments cancelled less than 24 hours in advance, there is a $75 fee for the missed visit.
Inclement Weather Policy: GI Nutrition NW, LLC follows Portland and Beaverton School District snow day protocol. If Portland and Beaverton School District is closed, GI Nutrition NW, LLC will be closed. All appointments will be rescheduled unless other arrangements have been made. Telehealth visits are always available.