Yes. Tina is an in-network provider with several major insurance companies.
Tina is an In-Network Provider with the following insurance companies:
- Regence: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Premera, Federal, BridgeSpan
- United Healthcare, UMR
- MODA: Connexus, Synergy/Summit, CCN, OHSU Tuality Health & Associates(check with your insurance as some plans require prior authorization).
- Cigna: Local Plus network(effective January 1, 2021)
- PacificSource: PSN, SmartAlliance, SmartChoice, SmartHealth, UO Student Health Plan, Voyager (check with your insurance as some plans only cover certain diagnoses).
- OHP open card
- Care Oregon open card fee for service
- First Choice Health
- Triwest Health Alliance
Tina is NOT a Medicare provider.
Reimbursement is not guaranteed as all insurance companies vary for coverage of Medical Nutrition Therapy.
It is your responsibility to verify insurance benefits prior to the initial consultation.
You need to call your insurance company to check if nutrition services are covered under your plan.
Here’s what to ask:
- Do I have a benefit for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) using CPT codes (procedure codes) 97802 and 97803?
- Do I have a benefit for Telehealth?
- Is a physician referral required?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits allowed?
- Is there a copay or deductible to be met?
Make sure to document the date, name of the representative you spoke with, and the call reference number.
Insurance coverage and reimbursement for nutrition therapy is not guaranteed. Per the insurance & financial policy, you will be asked to keep a credit card on file in the event that insurance does not cover nutrition therapy or if there is a copay or coinsurance.
Private pay is available:
- Cash, check, credit card, HSA, and FSA cards are accepted
- Visit packages are available
If your insurance company requires a physician referral, you can contact your doctor and have them fax a letter or referral form to 971-277-5491.
Here is Tina’s referral form if needed: GI Nutrition NW Referral Form
We kindly request at least 24-hour notice of cancellation
For missed appointments or appointments canceled less than 24 hours in advance, there is a $75 fee for the missed visit.