Yes. Tina is an in-network provider with several major insurance companies.
Tina is an In-Network Provider with the following insurance companies:
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Providence Health Plan (referral required) Tina Patnode, RDN, LD is not in-network with Providence Connect plan
- United Healthcare (referral required)
- PacificSource: Legacy plan (referral required)
- Medicare Part B (referral required)
NOTE: Medicare will cover Medical Nutrition Therapy for a diagnosis of diabetes or chronic kidney disease. Medicare does NOT cover Medical Nutrition Therapy for gastrointestinal disorders.
Reimbursement is not guaranteed as all insurance companies vary for coverage of Medical Nutrition Therapy.
It is the members responsibility to verify insurance benefits prior to the initial consultation.
Contact the insurance company to check if nutrition therapy is covered under the plan.
Here’s what to ask:
- Do I have a benefit for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) using CPT codes (procedure codes) 97802 and 97803?
- Do I have a benefit for Telehealth?
- Is a physician referral required?
- Is prior authorization required?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits allowed?
- Is there a copay, coinsurance, or deductible to be met?
Make sure to document the date, name of the representative you spoke with, and the call reference number.
Insurance coverage and reimbursement for nutrition consultation is not guaranteed. Per the insurance & financial policy, a credit card will be kept securely on file in the event that insurance does not cover the nutrition consultation or if there is a copay or coinsurance.
Private pay is available:
- Initial consultation $250; follow-up consultation $150
- Cash, check, credit card, HSA, and FSA cards are accepted.
- Discounted visit packages are available.
- All private pay fees are paid prior to the nutrition consultation.
We request a minimum 48-hour notice of cancellation
For missed appointments or appointments canceled less than 48 hours in advance, there will be a $75 fee applied to the credit card on file.