Yes. Tina is an in-network provider with several major insurance companies.
Tina is an In-Network Provider with the following insurance companies:
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Providence Health Plan (note: Tina is not an in-network provider with Providence Connect)
- United Healthcare
- PacificSource: Legacy, PSN, SmartAlliance, SmartChoice, SmartHealth, UO Student Health Plan, Voyager (check with your insurance as some plans only cover certain diagnoses).
- Oregon Health Plan
- Care Oregon
- First Choice Health
- Triwest Health Alliance
NOTE: Medicare will cover Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for a diagnosis of Diabetes or Kidney disease. Medicare does not cover nutrition therapy for gastrointestinal conditions. If Medicare is your secondary insurance, contact your insurance company to verify coverage.
Reimbursement is not guaranteed as all insurance companies vary for coverage of Medical Nutrition Therapy.
It is the members responsibility to verify insurance benefits prior to the initial consultation.
Contact the insurance company to check if nutrition therapy is covered under the plan.
Here’s what to ask:
- Do I have a benefit for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) using CPT codes (procedure codes) 97802 and 97803?
- Do I have a benefit for Telehealth?
- Is a physician referral required?
- Is prior authorization required?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits allowed?
- Is there a copay, coinsurance, or deductible to be met?
Make sure to document the date, name of the representative you spoke with, and the call reference number.
Insurance coverage and reimbursement for nutrition therapy is not guaranteed. Per the insurance & financial policy, you will be asked to keep a credit card on file in the event that insurance does not cover nutrition therapy or if there is a copay or coinsurance.
Private pay is available:
- Cash, check, credit card, HSA, and FSA cards are accepted
- Visit packages are available-contact me for pricing
We kindly request at least 24-hour notice of cancellation
For missed appointments or appointments canceled less than 24 hours in advance, there is a $75 fee for the missed visit.